The Jackson County Genealogy Library houses the largest collection of genealogical books and resources in Southern Oregon. Over 20,000 volumes cover all states. The library is especially rich in Jackson County and Oregon resources. To access our library catalog, follow this link, JCGL Catalog
We continue to add new volumes to our library collection. Follow this link, Recent Additions
, to see our latest acquisitions.
The Jackson County Genealogy Library is located at 3405 South Pacific Highway (Highway 99) 1/4 mile south of South Stage Road just north of "All Natural Pest Elimination" and across the street from Pickers Paradise. Follow this link,
, for a printable Google map to our library.
You can also reach us by telephone at 541-512-2340
or by mail at 3405 South Pacific Highway, Medford OR 97501
If you have a question about a library or society event, a class, a meeting, or a general question about the library or society, you can reach us by email at Reception.JCGL@gmail.com
. If you need help with records or research, please email the Reference Librarian at Librarian@RVGSLibrary.org
The JCGL is now open from 10AM to 4PM Monday through Saturday except Tuesdays when we stay open till 9PM. We close the week leading up to Christmas and Wednesday through Sunday at Thanksgiving. RVGS members have free access to the library, but there is a $5 fee per day for nonmembers. Follow this link, Membership
to learn more about becoming a member of the Rogue Valley Genealogical Society
Additional Features of our Library Holdings
- Family histories
- Atlases and maps
- DAR Lineage books
- The Mayflower Descendant and all Mayflower Family Books
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register
- American State Papers
- Great Register of California 1890
- CD-Rom Collection
- Microfilm and microfiche readers and printers
- Historical quilt collection donated by Jacksonville Museum Quilters Guild.
- Patron computers with high-speed internet connection
- High-speed wireless internet access for electronic devices
- Ready access to genealogy subscription sites: Ancestry (library edition), American Ancestors, Fold3, Find My Past, My Heritage, and HistoryGeo
- Family Affiliate Library status with familysearch.org, which provides enhanced access to digitized records
The patron computers at the library display a menu of subscription sites from which to choose.